"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Your Input, Please!

>> Wednesday, April 09, 2008

OK, I need help with a little project. You see, I've been asked to give a talk on blogging to my church's women's group.

What they want me to cover are blog hosts, how to get started, security, and some technical skills.

So, what I want from you are:

What host do you use? (Blogger, Typepad, Wordpress, etc) Why did you choose it? Did you use a different host previously? Is your host free or paid?

If you are an "anonymous" blogger (ie: you don't use your real name, no info, etc) what did you do to make sure you stayed that way?

Why did you start blogging? Is that still why you blog?

If you earn money from your blog tell me what you use and would recommend.

What services do you use for your photos and/or videos? Are they free or paid?

And anything else you think I might want to put into my little talk...

Whew! It's a lot, isn't it? Too much for a comment so if it's not too much trouble would you just email me your info? traveler(at)havekidwilltravel(dot)com (Put in the appropriate symbols- don't try to send it that way!)

Thanks so much!

5 comments:

Sincerely Iowa 5:28 PM  

What host do you use?
BLOGGER

Why did you choose it? Did you use a different host previously? Is your host free or paid?
I USE IT BECAUSE IT'S FREE AND VERY EASY TO USE, ESPECIALLY FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO LIKES TO SWITCH TEMPLATES AND COLORS OFTEN. I WAS PREVIOUSLY USING BLOGSOME, BUT FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND IF I NEEDED TO MAKE CODING CHANGES.

If you are an "anonymous" blogger (ie: you don't use your real name, no info, etc) what did you do to make sure you stayed that way?
I STARTED OUT BEING PRIVATE, BUT A FEW OF MY FRIENDS KNOW ABOUT MY BLOG, AS WELL AS ONE FAMILY MEMBER. I DON'T SPECIFICALLY GIVE OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, BUT FROM WHAT LITTLE THINGS I DO MENTION, IT WOULDN'T BE TERRIBLY HARD FOR SOMEONE TO FIGURE OUT MORE ABOUT ME.

Why did you start blogging? Is that still why you blog?
I LOVE TO WRITE ABOUT STUFF-- IT STARTED OUT AS MORE OF A PERSONAL DIARY, BUT ONCE I GOT MORE READERS IT'S TURNED INTO A SOUNDING BOARD FOR IDEAS, A NETWORK OF SUPPORT AND SO MUCH MORE.

If you earn money from your blog tell me what you use and would recommend.
I USE BLOGHER ADS. I MAKE VERY LITTLE MONEY FROM IT, BUT IT DOESN'T REQUIRE ANY WORK ON MY PART EITHER!

What services do you use for your photos and/or videos? Are they free or paid?
VIDEOS ARE THROUGH YOUTUBE, AND PHOTOS ARE EITHER THROUGH BLOGGER ITSELF, OR THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET OR FLICKR-- BOTH FREE.

The Fritz Facts 9:41 PM  

That is a lot, but here we go...

I use blogger, always have. I have looked into other hosts, but do not have enough knowledge to move everything, and don't want to pay a membership fee if I don't have too.

I am a semi-anonymous blogger. I will use my name, but not my kids. It wasn't always that way, but it is now. I have two family members that are open to telling me if I miss a name (I did in February). I don't use names of anyone, not family or friends unless I have their permission. That is just courtesy in my mind.

I started blogging on myspace a couple years ago, but had problems with people so I moved it to blogger. The results have been amazing! I do not do super personal things on my blog either, it is more a place to put random thoughts and ideas.

For my photos I use blogger itself, or photobucket, because they are both free! I use Youtube for videos, the few times I have needed too.

Hope this helps in some way...

Fantastagirl 9:49 PM  

sent you an email.

Birdie 1:51 AM  

I like blogger...it feels like a little community but I think Word Press would be something I'd like to do down the road when I know more about HTML etc...

pictures -
Picasa
Picture Trail - they have some neato widgets

Music -
My flash Fetish.com
i love it that you can choose from several player styles which are fully customizable and it has a volume control!

Videos
you tube- my hands down fave
AOL video is my back up

Cre8buzzis a super neat community for bloggers. I must admit, I like just sticking with my little circle of about 20 people. Spreading myself any thinner takes the fun out of blogging!

enjoy your blogging presentation - I can't wait to hear about it.

lila 4:02 AM  

sent you an e-mail--let me know if you got it.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP