"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

He's Such a Tool

>> Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tomorrow these two cakes (baked in loaf pans) along with half a chocolate donut and frosting will be a tool box.

Cakes baked in loaf pans


Can't see it?

Maybe if you have a gander at this treasure chest cake you will get an idea.

It's Jarod's birthday, you see. Last year I made him the last minute "girlie" cake but this year I've had more time to prepare. And since my other brother came up with the idea I just have to create it.

Thankfully my girls aren't opposed to toy tools so we have a couple of hammers and saws in toyboxes. I'll wash those thoroughly (because who knows where they have really been) and put them under the lid. And his gift will be inside the cake, as well. Let's hope he doesn't eat it.

2 comments:

Jennifer 8:29 AM  

You're the best! How fun is that!!

Melody 8:55 AM  

That is a great idea. I can't wait to see pictures of the final product.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP