"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Here's A Handy Resource For Web Design

>> Thursday, April 10, 2008

While Doug is the true geek in this house I certainly play at it. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve screwed up templates beyond belief and had to reload a saved version and begin again.

There’s always something new, something different, something fun. And, on the other side, you have all those little gadgets that show your readership, your page rank and any other popularity code.

And, on top of all the “stuff” you just really want to look good. It’s almost like high school without the teachers…

But, sometimes, you really need the teachers. If you’re like me you need to understand what’s going on behind the scenes of your blog; you want to dig in and make it your own. I found help over at StylishDesign.com, a web design blog where “web design and style have met”.

Now I’m gonna admit that some of the stuff on there leaves my head spinning but most of it has given me a new understanding of code, what it does and why it works. The recent articles about page rank were eye opening- I never really knew how Google did that.

All in all, it’s a really informative site with lots of information about web pages. A great resource to have if you’re like me, a geek-wanna-be.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP