"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Take Me Home, Country Roads

>> Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Doug and I have many, many conversations about our retirement. OK, his retirement as I’m never going to work a “real” job again. There are so many places to see, so many things to do. And while my ultimate goal is to live the last of my years in Ireland I wouldn’t be averse to wandering around the states before we go.

We often talk about selling everything when Caelan graduates from college and buying a big RV. Of course we would still want a “home base”… We just can’t decide where. I just recently saw the new community being built at
Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains.

It’s absolutely gorgeous, close to the state park and many hiking trails, on the lake and far enough from major cities to offer seclusion. Yep, I think that could end up high on my list for places to park the RV…

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP