"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

My Life... As An Elephant

>> Monday, April 14, 2008

I have a tendency to buy books from Scholastic when Brenna brings the order forms home from school. I usually contain myself and only buy the $1.95 books and rarely spend more that $10 at any given time.

Except for the final book order of the year. I loaded up with a big floor puzzle, a set of phonics learn-to-read books and little cards that fit together to spell words. I also got a book that was in the special Mother's Day section.

It's called Five Minutes Peace. As I read it, to myself while the girls ate lunch, I saw myself as Mrs. Large the elephant.

The book begins as most days do: the kids are having breakfast and it's not a pretty sight.

Through the book Mrs. Large makes the attempt to get just five minutes of peace. And fails. At one point a small child ends up in her bath with pajamas still on. Ah, yes, that just happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

It's a really cute book (and one all mommies could have written).

I am Mrs. Large... Are you?

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP