"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Whew! I'm Glad That's Over!

>> Monday, July 14, 2008

Our community's summer festival is an all-encompassing thing. It begins Thursday and by Saturday the days are so full of activities you barely rest.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early to get some pancakes before the parade. Brenna was at the curb waving as hard as her little arm would shake so the floats would toss some candy her way. Calean was happy in the chair under the tent (and out of the cold rain!) cuddling the teddy bear a new city development had tossed her way.

After lunch at a local diner Caelan was exhausted so she took a nap while Daddy, Grandma & Brenna went up to see the cardboard boat regatta. I hear it was great entertainment. Maybe I'll get to take Brenna next year while Daddy stays home with Caelan.

After naps we said goodbye to Grandma and loaded up to go to the carnival. There aren't many rides for little ones but Brenna had fun in the cars while Caelan rode the merry-go-round. Then we all had a spin in the strawberries.

Later I worked at our church's booth while Doug & the girls enjoyed a picnic on the grass and took in the music at the bandshell. From the videos Doug sent it looks like there was a lot of dancing and fun.

We fell, exhausted, into bed Saturday night to wake late Sunday morning. Our church was co-hosting a community worship service at 8:30. We threw on clothes and were out the door.

Home again after the service we all showered and got cleaned up for our day's activities. I went scrapbooking while Doug & the girls headed to a family gathering at his cousin's house. Which all worked out for the best as I had had enough family time and really, really needed time alone.

Last night the Summerfest-ivities ended with fireworks. It was the first time the girls had seen fireworks so it was very exciting. Caelan wasn't too sure what to think and spent a lot of time with her eyes covered,peeking through her fingers.



And now the fun has ended and it's time to get back to "normal". My desk is covered with things that must be done, I have to make a trip to Target (trusty list in hand so I don't overspend) and just generally get caught up.



I suppose I should get on it, then... Yep, going... Going now...

Really... The end...

4 comments:

Melody 9:30 AM  

Scrapbooking was a lot of fun. I know how you feel about mommy time.

Summerfest looks like a lot of fun. I have a couple cousins that live in Ankeny so maybe next year we will have to check it out.

Anonymous 1:13 PM  

I can't find your e-mail did Jen send you the address for the garage sale?
I have some size 5 shirts for winter if that is what Brenna is wearing.
We spent hours and hours on getting this ready everything has been ironed!!!

Carisa

Sincerely Iowa 1:30 PM  

We drove past Ankeny on our way to Nevada Saturday... The weather sure didn't seem like summer, but I'm so glad it ended up getting nicer later on.

Looks like you had a fun time-- I didn't even know Ankeny did something like that!

Paula Reece 5:11 PM  

I am actually bummed that we missed it, even though it did rain on your parade! (Ha!) I always forget that the fireworks are on Sunday night though! Guess we missed out on that one--whoops! Summerfest has such a great parade; it's fun to see all the local businesses and "celebs." I am extremely jealous that you scrapbooked last night. I can't even begin to tell you how far I am behind. Something like 10 years. No lie! I have GOT to make time! How cute that Caelan had her hands over her eyes for the fireworks! My kids usually had theirs over their ears. It's so amazing to see them through kids' eyes again! Hope you're getting a lot done today--but also sneaking in a nap! We've got Bible School tonight. Better get ready!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP