"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

It's A What?

>> Wednesday, July 30, 2008

OK, so I’m going through garage sale stuff and I come across something my dad dropped off… I have no clue what it is. Neither does Doug. In fact, my dad doesn’t either. His ex-wife bought it somewhere (the woman would spend money on absolutely anything) and it’s been sitting in a box in his basement ever since.

I would try to describe it but it is hard to put into words. Luckily there is an image definition site out there to help me with this conundrum. All I have to do is post an image, give any info I have and someone, somewhere will hopefully have the answer I need.

I just learned about PicAnswers.com and I’m gonna warn you that it’s addictive. It’s a reference and trivia site where you can upload photos and ask questions (like “What the heck is this?”), share interesting things you’ve found or ask for an opinion (one girl is asking for input on her prom dress).

It’s a really fun site to click around and it’s free to sign up to post your own images or provide answers.

Oh, and apparently the apparatus is a mango slicer. You know, because mangos are plentiful here in Iowa. Ummm, call me crazy, but I've always used a knife...

2 comments:

Sally 8:37 PM  

is it a mango slicer or a mango corer? I have one that is supposed to core the mango and slice it into 2 halves...but it never works right, so i always use a knife, too.

Now, my pineapple slicer/corer is AWESOME, and I use it all the time! =)

Paula Reece 7:42 AM  

What the heck? Now if it were MY garage sale, that would be the FIRST thing that sells. It's always the crap that I think "Who the heck would want this?!" that sells and all of the stuff I think is actually worth something that I'm left with at the end...But as I've said, I think I'm cursed when it comes to having garage sales.

I'm planning on coming over for your "preview" tonight as I'm working tomorrow...Can't wait! :)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP