"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

School Begins When?

>> Monday, July 21, 2008

So I’m looking at my calendar today, trying to figure out my schedule for August (how did it get so packed?) when I realized that school here in my suburb begins in just over two weeks.

Yes, you read that right- on August 14 the students head back to school. That doesn’t give me much time to get a few things for my cousin who has played “mother’s helper” all summer.

She’s an “alternative” type chickie so I have been contemplating getting her some Vans skate shoes. I think she would really like the Barclow Lazy Dots in red. No doubt she would tell me they make her dizzy. Then she would probably tell me a story about how she could trip people by making them stare at her shoes. She’s funny like that.

I guess I’ll sit her in front of the Vans at BuySkateShoes.com and see what she likes. It’s easier than taking her to the mall. And fighting the crowds. In the two weeks before school.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP