"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Something to Think About Before Enhancing Yourself

>> Thursday, July 24, 2008

Once upon a time you could say I knew a whole lot about breast augmentation. Not mine, of course; I’m all natural. But about half of the women I knew and saw on a daily basis had enhancements.

I will never forget the day one of my best friends called me to tell me that her boob had deflated. I don’t know that there is a good way to respond to that; it sounds funny even now. And to see it was even more odd. It was like her entire breast had caved in. Weird.

But, honestly, it wasn’t that much of a laughing matter as it required breast revision surgery- or surgery to replace the implants she had with new ones. And, of course, they couldn’t do just one breast because, in order for them to match again, both had to be replaced. The healing period was about the same as it was after her initial surgery so she needed a lot of help for a few days after.

Did you know that it is recommended that implants be replaced every 10 years for safety purposes and because of natural deflation? I didn’t either, but breast revision is a big (pardon the pun) thing now, especially with the problems that women were experiencing with silicone implants in the 1990s. Definitely something to keep in mind if you are considering implants.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP