"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

So, Not Much at the Geek Site... What Did I Do Today?

>> Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Yeah, I know, not much going on here at Iowa Geek today. So, what did I accomplish while I was not here amusing you?

Let's see... I made a new bloggy friend who just happens to live in my town. Ooohh, maybe someday we can meet in person... Yeah, I know, not likely to happen any time soon.

I helped another bloggy church friend with Amazon widgets and sidebar stuff.

I wrote some travel reviews for a website I contribute to.

I played around with the new template I am trying to create. Lots of deleting... In fact, there's nothing there right now...

I did two loads of laundry. No, scratch that... I did 1 1/2 loads of laundry. I need to fold towels.

I browsed the website for the Kansas City Irish Fest knowing full well that we wouldn't be able to go because it's not "in the budget".

We attended FPU class where it was reinforced to me that there isn't a whole lot in our budget right now except getting rid of debt.

Speaking of FPU... I got an email last night asking about FPU and how our lives were going without DirecTV. In case any of you are interested, I will share...

We honestly don't miss the TV. Really. Barely notice that it's gone. The girls don't ask to watch it, we sit down as a family more and do things together, we listen to music more.

Side note: Funny story... today the girls said they wanted to hear some
music. So I asked, "Irish pub music or Backyardigans?"
Brenna asked, "What's Irish pub music?"
I told her it was the music we listened to the other night while we made dinner.
"Irish pub music," she said.
It was so cute to watch them dance to it while watching themselves in the mirror.



Anyway... Not missing the TV at all.

And we got rid of the home phone, too. No problems as we rarely used it. In fact, the only people who really called it were Doug's family and telemarketers sooooo....

I'm off to fold laundry and watch an episode of Psych from season 1 on DVD. Excellent series. If you haven't seen it I highly suggest it.

2 comments:

Paula Reece 10:16 PM  

Oh, we SO need to take the FPU class just so "a live person" and not just Dave Ramsey's narrator voice is telling my husband that DirecTV (and XBOX, etc., etc.) are, indeed, WANTS and not NEEDS. Honestly, I don't think we'd miss it that much either. Especially considering we've probably got 2 years' worth of DVDs we haven't had time to watch yet!

Will you let me know if you hear about another class starting up? Gracias.

And I'm so excited that you referred to me as a "new bloggy friend"! Thanks for the linkage, too! Hey--we just need to put a "meeting date" on the calendar and make it happen. I'm pretty sure we were meant to be "real" friends!

Danny Regan 11:18 AM  

Irish Fest, not in the budget, Jody??? What are you wasting your money on up there in Iowa? Food? Housing? Where are your priorities, woman? C'mon, it's Irish Fest! You have to come! If you don't your kids might start listening to crappy music again!

If you come, I'll be your bloggy friend, too

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP