"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Today Could Be Bad

>> Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Caelan is not adjusting to the time difference between Ireland and home very well. Two out of the three nights we have been home she has woken, screaming, sometime in the dark of night. I don't know what time because I have no clock on my side of the bed & I am blind without glasses.

During these events I am so exhaused that I drag myself upstairs to get her before she wakes Brenna and bring her to my room where she sleeps (but I really don't) until 4:30am.

Then there was the other night- when she woke at 4:30am and chanted, "Mommy,mommy, mommy," for half an hour before falling back to sleep.

So, for the past three days I have been awake at 4:30am. Which would be fine if I got to nap in the afternoon (or twice a day as Caelan is still doing). But, no. I'm awake the entire day and don't get to sleep until some time after the girls go to bed.

So I am tired today and the girls are already plucking my last nerve like it's a guitar string. Spanking has already been threatened and I may tie them down in their beds just to get a break.

I'm joking.

Mostly.

At least we are expecting temperatures in the low 50s. I think a long walk may be in order this afternoon...

2 comments:

Melody 9:30 AM  

I am sooo excited it is going to be in the 50's. Other than the teaser day we had a week and half ago it has been a long time coming.

Iowa Bob 12:21 AM  

Welcome back Jody & Family, sounds like you had a great vacation. It's good to have you back safe and sound.

Bob

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP