"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

And We're Back- Plus Exciting News

>> Sunday, March 09, 2008

Yesterday we were up at 6am Ireland time. And while we were prepared to leave and didn't have much rushing in the morning the rest of the day felt like a mad rush.

We arrived in plenty of time to get through everything at Shannon's airport only to get on the plane and be delayed before our (very short) layover in Dublin. Upon arrival in Dublin we had to gather all our stuff, disembark, go through customs and get back on the plane. What a hassle.

Caelan napped for almost two hours on the 8 hour flight to Chicago. She didn't sit in her seat much, preferring my lap. And she didn't want daddy or grandma. I was noticeably irritable. And then she fell asleep minutes before we landed. Brenna didn't sleep at all.

Because of the delays in Shannon and Dublin we boarded our flight to Des Moines with only minutes to spare- they had to open the doors for us.

Caelan spent most of that flight on my lap but in a surprisingly good mood, while Brenna crashed hard. And stayed that way- clear through the airport, all the way home and straight into bed. I have a great photo of her dead-to-the-world at baggage claim.

We arrived in Des Moines and then home about 8pm- or 2 am in Ireland. It was a 20 hour day, so after a quick pizza (the delivery guy beat us home) we crashed.

Caelan and I were up at 5am (4am if you don't figure in the "spring forward"). Much laundry awaits me-as does grocery shopping- so I will have to share more later.

I did get some great news, though, upon arriving home. A while back Budget Travel magazine asked for travel blog submissions. So I submitted Have Kid Will Travel. Since I didn't get online Friday I got this today:

"thanks for answering Budget Travel's call for travel bloggers! We got hundreds
of submissions—some good, some not so good—but I'm thrilled to inform you that
we've selected your blog as one of the top fifteen travel blogs submitted. "


So, in the June issue, my blog will be one of 15 highlighted in an article about travel blogging. It will be great exposure and I am so excited to have been chosen.

5 comments:

Sally 4:49 PM  

I'm glad you're home safe and sound. Sounds like a hectic travel day, but awesome that you made all your connections.

Fantastagirl 11:03 PM  

What a busy travel day - hope everyone gets back on "Iowa" time, and you can get some sleep!

Anonymous 10:09 AM  

So glad you're back safe and sound.

Congratulations on Budget Travel! Whoo Hoo!

Tamara B 10:38 AM  

congrats my friend!

*carrie* 6:55 AM  

Jody,

Welcome home! That's so exciting your blog was selected--way to go!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP