"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I'm Drinking Water and I've Cut Down on Dairy... Now What?

>> Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I’ve been having microdermabrasion and a chemical peel once a month for about 4 months now. I’m not really sure it’s working the way I thought it would. I am still getting those horrible cyst-like outbreaks and I feel like I have more whiteheads.

I hate the fact that not only do I have worse skin than I did as a teenager but it is no longer so resilient and “fresh”. I just want beautiful, clear skin.

Since the treatments and products I have been using aren’t seeming to make a big impression I am considering a different course of Acne Treatment.

I’m really thinking about trying Proactiv®. The commercials make it look like a miracle. Anyone have any experience with it?

6 comments:

Sally 3:41 PM  

I LOVE Proactiv. I've been using it for 8 or 9 years, and I just got my husband using it, too. It works the best out of anything I've tried before, and every time I stop using it, my skin breaks out.

Sally 3:41 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous 3:03 PM  

My neighbor started using Proactiv a few months ago and SWEARS by it. Her skin is looking much nicer too.

I don't personally use it, but I can vow for my neighbor in that there is a noticeable difference in her skin ... and attitude.

Anonymous 5:40 PM  

I tried it once (when I was working for the company that does the order taking and distribution). I wasn't a fan, but my skin was way different then. I had tons of over-drying. You know, you can buy it at Jordan Creek at a kiosk instead of waiting.

I have been using the acne line from DHC, which is affordable, too. I'll even let you try mine if you're interested...up to you!

sue 11:55 AM  

My daughter used it and said it was horrible. Didn't do a thing. She used it faithfully for several months. She finally went on just a regular Clinique regime and it seemed to do more for her.

Birdie 10:05 AM  

I'm 35 and I have skin exactly like yours - exactly. Good luck with the Proactive. I tried it and didn't like it. Wal-mart sells a brand called Acne Free which is the same as pro active, cheaper, with a few extra benefits. It was alright, but I didn't notice any real change....until I started using my L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease cream all over my face daily. I'd had it for a while and only used it on my eyes because my skin is so oily in the T zone that I could probably fry an egg on it if the sun was hot enough - ick.
I ran out of all my other acne creams so I started using it 'til I could remember to pick some acne stuff up. I put the L'Oreal on right after I shower in the morning and at night before bed (if I remember) but without fail in the morning.
I noticed a big difference after about two weeks. I wasn't breaking out even during my periods. This month I only got one tiny cyst like bump on my chin. It's nothing short of a major miracle for me and I've suffered with cystic acne since I was about 17!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP