"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

SuperFast

>> Monday, March 31, 2008

I remember when I moved in with Doug. Because he did a lot of his work from home he had high speed internet. I had used dial up. Let me tell you, I got real used to high speed real fast. Can’t quite imagine being without it.

So when I am in the country, say at my grandmother’s, and am helping her with something online the waiting seems… Well, L O N G. And if I remember correctly her phone lines won’t support DSL. There is a solution, though, for Rural internet users. HughesNet is satellite internet for a very reasonable rate. In fact, it’s probably not that much more than they pay for their phone and internet combined.

And with all the VoIP and cell phones does anyone even use a land line anymore?

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP