"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

How Long Does Wicker Last, Anyway?

>> Monday, June 23, 2008

Right now I am sitting outside on some very old wicker furniture while the girls splash around in their wading pool. How old is the furniture? Well… I don’t rightly know as Doug had it when we were married. I don’t think wicker furniture is made to stand up to Iowa’s outdoor elements for 5+ years. Or has it far exceeded it’s lifespan? I really don’t know. What I do know is that we will be lucky if one of the chairs survives this summer.

I’ve been perusing new Outdoor Living Sets online for a while. I want something comfortable- maybe even a lounge chair- that I can relax in with my laptop. Because you know I have to do something while the girls play. When we do purchase Outdoor Furniture again I want some high quality stuff that can stand some rain and sun without breaking down in a few years.

I’ve found a website, BuyOutdoorFurnitureOnline.com, that I keep going back to. I really like a 4 piece teak set they have. It’s spendy (as teak always is) but they have free shipping (which is a significant savings in itself).

Of course we are not in the position to afford such things right now but I can plan to save for it next year. Maybe by then I can get one of their beautiful Patio Dining Sets , too.

1 comments:

Melissa 4:59 PM  

Oh I love patio furniture... always sooo relaxing lookign :)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP