"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Budget Friendly Fun Snacks

>> Monday, June 30, 2008

I don't know how many of you have cruised the snack cracker aisle at the grocery store lately but it seems that Teddy Grahams are making a new snack- Trail Mix. Yep, those tasty little bears are doing their best to get every dollar you have.

Unfortunately for them I'm doing Dave and their tiny box of goodies that lasts 3 days (if I'm lucky) just doesn't fit into my budget.

But I'm not a fun-hating mommy. I mix up my own trail mix with whatever happens to be bite size and on sale or on a coupon (once in a while there are even Teddy Grahams in the mix!)

Today's mix includes M&Ms, some pretzels that I got in a goody bag this weekend, marshmallows, peanut butter baking chips and some off-brand cheese crackers.

assorted 170

It's just as tasty (actually more so), costs less per serving and lasts a couple of weeks instead of a couple of days.

1 comments:

The Fritz Facts 9:36 PM  

I looooove to make the trail mix. The kids think it is a great treat. I do buy the chex mix from time to time, but nothing beats home made trail mix.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP