"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Weight- You Need a Plan

>> Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Now that the Christmas cookies have been taken to work to get them out of your house (I know I’m not the only one who does that, right?) and you are finalizing your New Year’s Eve plans the dread subject arises-

What are your New Year’s Resolutions? I know… Ugh. But it happens every year.

My main goal this year is to get healthier. Which will probably include some sort of weight loss diet plan.

There are lots of plans to choose from. My sister has had noticeable success on Weight Watchers this past year. And I’ve used (and I use that term loosely) eDiets in the past.

I think my main goal, though will be to lose a pound a week and use my new elliptical machine nightly. Because, while I would like to lose weight, my main goal is really to improve my health and boost my energy. My thinking is that if I can create new habits (like exercise and eating more fruits and veggies) then this “diet” won’t fail, like so many do.

And achieving permanent results just common sense, really. Drink more water, eat less junk, don’t eat while you watch TV, and don’t eat past a certain time in the evening.

Do you have any tips or tricks that have worked for you? Share!

1 comments:

mama2dibs 8:45 PM  

I LOVED Weight Watchers when I was on it and plan on going back now that I have had my little Grace. I have a wedding that I'm in coming up in August and I want to lose this baby weight plus a little more and I am SO going back to WW. I don't know where you live in Iowa or if the programs run the same from state to state, but I have enjoyed the program here in Dubuque.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP