"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Snow and Ice, Ice and Snow

>> Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So, central Iowa is sitting under it’s third major winter storm in the last three weeks. I’m sitting here seeing all the closings and cancellations scroll across the bottom of my TV screen – including the airport. And I wish I could be someplace warm.

And since Caelan is napping and Brenna is in the other room playing with Play-Doh I was free to peruse travel deals to warm places.

I have lists of places I would like to visit in my favorites toolbar and was clicking pretty randomly when I hit a bookmark for Amelia Island in Florida. There is a beautiful bed and breakfast there, Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, that I have had my eye on for a couple of years. It’s gorgeous, right on the beach and has a big, beautiful porch that I can imagine watching Doug & the girls from.

And the shopping in the historical area looks like the perfect spot to walk and browse away an afternoon.

Ah, to be on one of the top 10 islands in America, relaxing and WARM! Right now there is a great Lodging Special that will give you a third night free when you stay two nights. And “my” bed and breakfast is on the list of participating properties- along with about a dozen others. Did I mention this deal is going on through February 29th?

Hmmm… That would make a darned nice gift…



0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP