"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Celebration?

>> Sunday, December 30, 2007

Last night I baked layered pumpkin muffins for today's breakfast and a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for one dessert.

I just put the turkey in the oven and will shortly be preparing the ham to be taken to my sister's for baking. Luckily she lives so close or I would have gotten a double oven a couple of weeks ago (and I am seriously getting one when our oven goes out).

Also on the menu today are Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole, Corn Souffle, dressing (from scratch- I cubed the bread and it has been getting stale over night, a triple baked veggie dip and a baked cheese and pesto appetizer.

And that's just what I'm making- should be great stuff for the new recipe blog (coming soon!).

The tables will also be laden with a chocolate chip cheeseball and green bean casserole, courtesy of my brother & SIL, a couple of pies (courtesy of Village Inn and purchased by my sister) and beverages that my other SIL is providing.

The teapot is whistling so my water is ready for tea. And then it's back to the preparations for the Christmas meal with my grandmother. I just feel myself gaining weight.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP