"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

DC is On My List

>> Thursday, December 13, 2007

When my brother returned from Iraq he served a year in Washington DC. I was 8 ½ months pregnant at that time so when Doug, my brother and sister-in-law helped move his family I stayed behind.

I got to see photos and hear stories about what they saw and did. And it sucked! I was so jealous. I have wanted to visit DC for a long time and the fact that Doug went without me, well, it just wasn’t fair. Yeah, I know, I couldn’t help and I wouldn’t have been able to waddle around the city but I still wanted to go.

So DC is high on my list of places to visit when the girls are older and able to appreciate the history of our country. (Besides, they need to see the real history as I really don’t trust our schools to teach it without making it PC and altering all the “bad” stuff).

I save all the links I find for places I want to visit and one of the links I have for DC is Trusted Tours and Attractions. They have some great DC tours including a tour of Mt. Vernon (home of George Washington), a night bike tour and and “Old Town Trolley” Tour.

In addition to DC, Trusted Tous and Attractions has tours in 20 other cities. You can sign up for their Trusted Travel eNewsletter for great info and travel ideas.

If you need more incentive to try their newsletter: sign up now you are registered to win an iPod Nano.



0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP