"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Was a Problem Child

>> Thursday, December 27, 2007

When I was young I remember my mom “threatening” to send me off to boarding school. Of course I knew it would never happen- we were dirt poor and there was just no way my family could have afforded to follow through with that particular threat.

Then again, I’m guessing the boarding schools then weren’t like the ones you see Dr. Phil sending kids off to.

These specialty boarding schools, like Ivy Ridge Academy in New York are designed to help kids become responsible, contributing members of society. To help them handle and work past their “issues” and achieve academic success.

Hmmm… It might not have been a bad idea for mom to follow through on that threat. It took me a while to learn those things on my own…

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP