"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

This Mom Gets It

>> Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Resposibility for your actions is sorely lacking in our world these days. It's not surprising considering the "help" and "bailouts" that are around every corner if you screw up.

So I am completely impressed by this momwho made her son hold up a sign across the street from his schhol that said: "I was rude to my teacher. I can't come to school. I'm sorry."

Harvey says she loves her son very much but she wanted to teach him a lesson about making good choices, and the consequences of making bad ones.

"I want him to be successful in life," said Harvey. "This is something I thought of that would maybe get his attention."

It did.

"I got to be good in school," the boy said as tears rolled down his face.


Bravo, Mom! I think this made a bigger impact on him than anything else could have.

1 comments:

Fantastagirl 8:38 PM  

More and more parents need to teach their children to respect their teachers, and if they disagree with them - they need to teach them how to respectfully disagree.

It can be done.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP