"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

One and a Half Weeks

>> Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ok, other than the title sounding like a portion of a Sandra Bullock/ Hugh Grant movie it is also the amount of time left until we leave for IRELAND!!!

In fact, I just booked our final accommodations today. And now that it is so close you may hear abut little else...

We will be in Ireland 7 nights and all of our accommodations are family run B&Bs. I've always stayed in B&Bs in Ireland and have have great experiences every time. This time our stays will be at:

Glendine Country House in Arthurstown, County Wexford. It's an 1830s Georgian House on 50 acres of private lands with Highland Cattle (very fuzzy & cute), sheep & deer. The views overlook the harbour. I chose Glendine House as much for it's history & elegance as I did for the animals and land for the girls to run about. And they offer carrots for children to feed the animals. It should be very exciting.

Muckross Riding Stables B&B outside of Killarney. We will be here three days as there is much to see in and around Killarney. My mom was excited about riding- until I reminded her that the saddles are English- not Western. But we can rent a jaunting cart which is great fun. This B&B was chosen for the horses. Brenna is infatuated with horses right now.

Harbour View House in Doolin. Doolin is very near the Cliffs of Moher and the house has views of the Aran Islands. Doolin is renowned for traditional music and we hope to catch at least one session while we are there. Part of the reason I chose this B&B is because the previous owner opened a bakery next door. Yes, really. Well, and the views.

I'm getting very excited. Can you blame me?

4 comments:

Monds & Mayberry 7:05 PM  

I am excited for you. I go again next year and can't wait!!!!

Sally 2:05 PM  

Have a blast! I can't wait to hear all about it. My BFF and I are already talking about when we can all go together again...we'll have to wait a bit til our boys are a little older (esp since mine isn't even here yet! LOL).

Unknown 2:20 PM  

Just promise me that you will go have boxty for me. I am so craving some right now.

Melody 7:08 PM  

I can't blame you...I am so jealous I am turning green :)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP