"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Holding Pattern

>> Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My bedroom and bathroom are in various stages of destruction. I have things "sorted" into piles: check, carry on, carry on but have to be in a baggie, might take...

I was just searching the Aer Lingus website to check out the movie selection. I have to admit that I am pleased to see August Rush will be playing on our return flight.

I wanted to check our seat reservations (4 in the middle and one on an aisle directly behind) but I can't seem to find our booking reference number on the tickets. I also wanted to see if the children's discounted seats automatically came with children's meals or if I had to order those in advance.

By this time Friday we will be going through security. Which is great fun as we have a car seat, two laptops and 5 carry on bags going through. As well as a couple of personal carry-ons. Yep, people pray they don't get stuck in line behind us. No matter how organized you are that is never a quick process...

Ya know, I love Irish music. And the song Aer Lingus keeps playing is a good one... I'm guessing it's called "Home Away From Home" and in a few minutes I'll be able to sing it.

*************************************************

Hey, I found it. It is called "Home Away From Home"

Lyrics By : Robbie O'Connell

I didn't sleep at all last night,
I stayed up 'til the dawn,
Banging out the jigs and reels 'til everyone had gone,
Singing some old shut-eyed songs I hadn't sung for years,
Knocking back the brandy and the beer.

CHORUS:

Back across the ocean to
my home away from home
I'm Glad to be returning but sad to have to go
I'd like to find a way to be two places at one time
It's easy going back
again but it's hard to say goodbye

I had one bag too many just as I was set to leave
I was loaded down with bacon and with sausages and tea
And I couldn't find my ticket as I'm walking out the door
'Til I emptied all my bags out on the floor.

CHORUS

On board the plane I sip a drink
while waiting for the meal,
Just trying not to let my head know how my
stomach feels.
There's a baby right behind me making sure that I won't sleep
And the flight's too full to find another seat.

CHORUS

I fell asleep at last just as the plane is touching down
And I age ten years just waiting for the bags to come around
And I make it home at last and I'm barely un-packed when
I'm already making plans to go again.

CHORUS
X2


Now I can sing along... At least it's catchy... I've been on hold for 29 minutes...


1 comments:

Melody 11:50 AM  

I hope you guys have a great time on your trip! I love those overnight flights because the kids are used to sleeping at that time. Oh what fun, I am so jealous. :)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP