"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fundraising That Makes Sense

>> Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I will be the first to admit that I am sick of snow and sick of cold. I can’t wait for spring. Unfortunately, with the coming of spring, there are a couple of things I would rather avoid.

One is picking up the poo my dog has left in the yard. The other is the kids that come through my neighborhood for school fundraisers.

It’s not like I don’t want to support the activities. I do. But the savings cards they sell tend to stay attached to my refrigerator and provide no savings. And I have plenty of wrapping paper and greeting cards. And I really don’t need the candy.

I wish more schools would get on a program like SchoolPop. They have plenty of popular fundraisers for high schools, elementary schools and non-profit organizations.

After confirming that your school or organization is registered, all you have to do is sign up. Then you register your credit and debit cards. Every time you shop with a registered card at participating merchants you “donate” a percentage to your school. With both local and national merchants your donations can add up quickly.

SchoolPop also has a Visa® card that contributes 1% of every purchase to your chosen school or non-profit.

No more buying stuff you don’t need just to help. If you are in charge of a fund raiser look into this… I hate telling your kid “no”.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP