"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

See an Icon in an Iconic City

>> Wednesday, February 06, 2008

When I lived in Minneapolis I worked for a man about my grandfather’s age who seemed unable to come to terms with the fact that he was of an “advanced age”. Let me give you a visual- remember the old guy in Ocean’s Eleven that is the “high roller”? Well, that was Virgil, to a T.

He was a crotchety old man and I can recall telling him on a regular basis that someday the earth would be populated only by him, Cher and cockroaches because he was too stubborn to die. And Cher, well, she’s been around forever and shows no signs of going away any time soon. Today I saw that you could get Cher tickets at Caesar's Palace Las Vegas for her upcoming shows (she’s replacing Celine Dion) beginning in May.

As a child of the 80’s I distinctly remember Cher’s “comeback” in 1987 and her infamous “Turn Back Time” video. Her costumes were amazing and only Cher could have worn them. Cher was everywhere in the 80’s and 90’s. Music, television, movies… And she was getting amazing reviews. I loved her in Mask. It’s still one of my favorite movies (and not just because Sam Elliot is so yummy!).

I think it’s fitting that Cher will be performing is Vegas for the foreseen future. She is an icon and I think Vegas is the only city that can out shine her costumes.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP