"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

And It's 2008

>> Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Good afternoon, for those of you who, like me, are just getting a chance to actually sit down and get something done.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was up earlier this morning, but both of the girls were here with me and that makes accomplishing anything a monumental task. I did get a very adorable video- that is taking forever to load online. I guess everyone is loading stuff... I'll try to get it up later...

Our New Year's Eve was pretty mellow. I made a baked cheese appetizer, seared filets and stuffed potatoes for dinner. Yum. We had family over and games were played while the kids fell asleep in the basement watching movies. The New Year was greeted- and then we all went to bed.

Breakfast this morning was pumpkin french toast, sausage and hash browns. Mmmm... Lunch hasn't been, yet, and I'm not sure if dinner will be. Doug is trying to hack up a lung and both the girls have a bit of icky bowels. We'll probably keep it light- leftovers and soup, maybe.

And now onto the new year... I'm not a big fan of resolutions but I do have a few goals.

  • I plan to stick to my schedule more. I have time for everything as long as I don't get sidetracked.
  • I plan to use my lovely new elliptical machine every day for at least 30 minutes. Maybe if I do that I can get myself to use all the other fun exercise stuff we have.
  • I plan to catch up on my scrapbooking. Starting today.
  • I plan to have "date night" with Doug twice a month. Now that he's not working 70 hours weeks it should be easier.

Well, there you have it, my plans for the new year. Did you make any non-resolutions?

2 comments:

Melody 7:19 PM  

I haven't made any resolutions and I really don't intend too. I never stick with them anyway.

I agree it is hard to accomplish very much with children underfoot. Luckily two of mine will be back in school on Thursday.

I think everyone in our house was in bed by ten last night. We are just wild and crazy.

Happy New Year!

mama2dibs 9:13 PM  

I don't do resolutions. However...I AM going to be losing some weight. It has nothing to do with resolutions and everything to do with the fact that I'm not pregnant anymore and I have a wedding to be in coming August. :)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP