"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

We Got Ears

>> Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I think I am a bit of an enigma to some of the women I know. Granted, none of them know my past, bD (before Doug). I think it’s better that way because they are all good Christian women and I don’t think they need to know what kind of wild child (until I was 30) I was.

The fact that we travel- and take the girls with us- sets us a bit apart. The fact that we take our daughters overseas sets us farther apart. The fact that I try to create income by writing about it, well, that’s just strange to most of them.

So I was kind of surprised when one of the moms asked me for advice on an upcoming vacation she and her family were planning to California. Her sister had moved out a year ago and they wanted to take the kids out to see her- with a side trip to the “Happiest Place on Earth”.

Now, having not been there I didn’t have much real experience to give her on Disneyland, but I had plenty of handy tips for the trip. Then I went through my handy list of favorite travel sites and pointed her in the direction of TravelHero.com. There I found a great deal on a Disneyland Anaheim hotel as well as a rental car. She was so excited with the savings- because you know we did comparisons- that I have been promised mouse ears for the little ones. Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP