"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Scrapping Last Night

>> Saturday, January 12, 2008

Last night I joined a friend of mine at a scrapping night. She has a friend who is a Creative Memories consultant that organizes these outings once a month. And since I didn't scrap in December and don't have plans to go until Super Bowl Sunday I decided to join her.

While it was nice I found myself at a loss. I didn't take my mini sewing machine or my Wishblade. Or my ribbons... OK, I left quite a bit of stuff at home. So I got a few pages "designed" but not completed. Here are the three that are done. (You can click the photos for a larger view.)

Mostly.

This one is complete. These are Brenna's photos from October 06. I used regular chipboard, painted it red and sprinkled it with clear sparkles. The quote in the center is a rub on. The final word is "star" so I traced a star around the quote, cut it out and lined the edge with red for distinction.

I'm not sure this one is done. I feel like it still needs something. Maybe ribbon. The upper corners are rub ons. I love overlapping rub ons onto photos. The bottom is a scalloped paper and prima flowers bunched together with crystals added.

This one I am very proud of. My nephew Ethan is the star of this spread. I used a dark blue background and pieced in paper that coordinates, leaving a bit between for the blue to peek through. It created a really nice layered look. The circles are a round punch from circle patterned paper. The letters and numbers are a combination of rub ons and stickers. (No, I didn't think of this. I saw it somewhere and thought it would work perfectly for these photos. And it did.)
I had a good time but really missed some of my tools. But it is easier to not take so much stuff for a short crop. And without an entire store at my disposal I was at a loss for inspiration. So I was forced to use what I had on hand, which saved me money, and I have pages that are close to done, so it was worth it. And I only spent $5- the cost of "admission".

4 comments:

mama2dibs 7:57 PM  

Too cute. I seriously haven't scrapbooked in about a year now. Going CrAzY! Anyway, some friends of mine just organized a scrapping night for next Saturday. Amen!

As for the second picture...I agree with you. Maybe you could put some color coordinating ribbon on each side of the flowers on the brown background. Or maybe you could even just put some simple eyelet holes on each side. Just a thought. You should post more pictures of your pages so I can get ideas. You'll have to do a post on all of your toys (I mean tools) too. I need to get some new toys to make cool pages. :)

Anonymous 8:16 PM  

I like the red on the 2 page, I love the pic on the second spread and I LOVE the colors and miz of stripes and dots on layout #3.

Melody 9:57 PM  

Your pages are so cute. I started scrapbooking many years ago but haven't done it in a long time. Yes, maybe I should complete the album of our wedding since we will have been married 9 years this year.

Tamara B 11:57 AM  

jody, can i come scrap with you? I'll be in the area for a mtg on Feb 7th... i so need to scrap, i've done nothing for bethany!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP