"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Not On This Bandwagon...

>> Thursday, January 31, 2008

A little bit ago I posted that I had hopped on the Dave Ramsey bandwagon.

But there is another bandwagon that people seem to be hopping onto that I don't plan to get on. It's the John McCain bandwagon. How this man came back from last place to be leading the Republican nomination is beyond me. Does noone remember the McCain Feingold Campaign Reform Bill? How about the McCain Lieberman Stewardhsip Act? Does McCain Kennedy Immigration Reform mean anything?

Obviously not.

Ugh. While I gather my thoughts I want to give you this to chew on: How many illegals break the law?


Answer: ALL of them.

OK, back to McCain. Yes, the man is a war hero. But he is no conservative. The only thing I agree with him on is to win in Iraq. And I'm not really sure he means that half the time. But looking at his issues the man scares me.

I see he has a tax cut plan, yet he voted against the Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 2003. He says that our borders must be secure, yet he went "across the aisle" to Kennedy and called those who were against amnesty racist- until he realized that the majority of Americans were opposed to it.

The more I read his plans the more terrified I become. If he wins we may get a Republican in the white house but we certainly won't have a Conservative.

Anyone else think it's time for a legitimate third party- for Conservatives?

4 comments:

Anonymous 2:38 PM  

I'm with ya.

It's really sad and I'm almost embarrassed to say ... but if McCain wins the nomination ... I might not even vote.

Did I just say that?

Doug H 5:08 PM  

What do you think of this?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/us/politics/31donor.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

Doug H 5:12 PM  

or this
http://misskelly.typepad.com/miss_kelly_/2008/01/islamists-makin.html

Iowa Bob 9:11 PM  

If It's McCain, I'm voting Libertarian. An no, I don't feel that I am throwing away my vote, because McCain, Clinton or Obama are basically the same. Hell, any one of them will be a disaster, so lets let the Dem's screw up the country for a while, while at the same time sending a message to the Republicans that we need a strong conservative, and nothing else is exceptable.

There isn't another Reagan on the Horizon, but Fred showed us that there ARE options - And McCain ain't one of them.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP