"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Have People...

>> Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Well, ok, I actually have a person. You know what I'm referring to, right?

Yep, it's tax time. And since we have so many weird sources of income (being self employed and all) and are hoping to get an HSA this year I figured we should actually have a professional do our taxes.

I called our investment guy (which sounds way more impressive than it is) and asked for a referral. He, of course, referred his accountant who I met with today.

I took him our tax returns from the past couple of years so he could get an idea of what he is dealing with. And I gave him a bit of a warning, "I don't think like an accountant. I think in a straight line and you people... don't."

To give him credit he was very nice about that statement and dug right in to the papers I brought.

And then he gave me homework. It seems that you can't just take in a shoebox of receipts anymore. Or in my case very well organized file folders. Now you must get things itemized and totaled.

Bah! What fun is that? Ok, yeah, it's not much of a hassle. And I probably wouldn't really do that. But it would be fun.

Maybe I'll do it just to mess with him.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl 8:37 PM  

do it - would be fun to see the look on his face.

Tamara B 11:02 AM  

see, now you need to find an advertisement for quicken and talk about how you need that program. It itemizes and totals things for you!

Tamara B 11:03 AM  

as for the shoebox, i seriously do see people bring that crap into my office when we had a huge program sign up. it was funny... i told them to go home and figure it out and bring me back what info i needed.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP