"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

W-I-O-Wa

>> Friday, January 18, 2008

OK, this will be two Backyardigans posts in one week. I think I may have to turn on the TV for something that involves real people.

The premise of todays Backyardigans was that Tasha and Uniqua were news anchors at W-I-O-Wa looking for a "big scoop". Pablo and Tyrone were corn formers who wanted everyone to know that they had the best corn crop ever. Austin was a cameraman. (I put that in just in case you are an Austin fan as it was a very bit part). The farmers lure the news reporters to their farm by making a crop circle. Which then leads to the fun misunderstanding of aliens. Oh, yes, crop circles and aliens.

Just in case you don't understand why this episode stuck with me, please remember where I live.

And allow me to share the lyrics that will surely stick in your mind for days:
Reporters are brave
Reporters are proud
Reporters like to talk real fast and loud
With my microphone and my camera operator
I say Back to you instead of See you later
I will find the news no matter the place
And make that serious reporter face
On W-I-O-Wa
The corniest station in the nation

Really, the lyrics don't do it justice, go over and listen yourself

Oh, and I dare you to not listen to any of the other tunes. Numbers 6, 12, 19 (for the Queen-like- guitar) and 22 will stick in your head.

And in case you feel you have to ask, I am pretty sure this CD will be finding it's way into our home upon it's release next week.

4 comments:

Fantastagirl 11:04 PM  

I remember the days when the world was coming to an end if we missed the backyardigans... miss their little tunes!

vw bug 7:46 PM  

My kids love the backyardigans...

Valerie 3:35 PM  

I stumbled upon your site in search for the lyrics to W-I-O-WA... I got my kids that cd, because they too love The Backyardigans, and I must admit, it's one of the best cartoons I've seen.. it's just so damn catchy. =) Anyway, point being, I came on looking for the lyrics to this song, because for the life of me, I couldn't understand... I never saw this episode, so I had no idea that it was about corn. I could've sworn, and so did many others that have heard this song, that they were singing "horniest station, in the nation" And I couldn't figure out why they would say such a thing, it's not like it isn't obvious... SO Finally I came on, after weeks of trying to figure it out on my own (duh) and you've not only provided the reason why it says what it says, but I also no now that it's CORNIEST!!! Sort of makes me feel like a perv.. lmao.
Thanks a lot, and have a good day!

Anonymous 6:15 PM  

Dude, I love the Backyardigans! When my friend recommended it to me for my son to watch I was sure I would regret it. But after a few episodes you get the tune in your head. Then a week later your rollin down the street Jammin' to the Backyardigans soundtrack. As lame as it sounds, I often find the soungs inspiring. For instance, next time you are P.O'd listen to "Nothin' Too Tough" from the Harbor Rescue episode. Cheers me up right away. Anyway, here is the full set of lyrics for WIOWA (one of my top 5 fav's). Enjoy!

I'm an ace reporter
Wherever news is breakin'
I show and find out what's shakin'
I'm an ace reporter
If it weren't for me
There'd never be news on your TV

I bring the big story
I'm proud to say
To the viewers watching every day

On W-I-O-Wa
Corniest station in the nation
W-I-O-Wa
Corniest station in the nation

Reporters are brave
Reporters are proud
Reporters like to talk
Real fast and loud

With my microphone and my camera operator
I say "Back to you" instead of "See you later"
I provide the news no matter the place
And make that serious reporter face

On W-I-O-Wa
Corniest station in the nation
W-I-O-Wa
Corniest station in the nation

I'm not that sort of newswoman
Who sits at a desk and talks
I'm the sort who'd rather report
'Cause being a reporter rocks

W-I-O-Wa
Corniest station in the nation
W-I-O-Wa
Corniest station in the nation
W-I-O-Wa.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP