"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Come On Baby, Let's Play

>> Thursday, January 24, 2008

I don’t consider myself lucky. Oh, I suppose I have been when it has really counted- like with Doug. But before that “lucky in love” is not how I would have referred to my romantic interludes.

As for games and contests, I’ll just stick with the phrase “not so lucky”. But I enter anyway because, as the lottery says, “you can’t win if you don’t play”.

With that in mind I will let you know that Overstock.com's "Game O Love" begins tomorrow. Now I know this is going to age me, but the minute I saw the title these song lyrics popped into my head:

The purpose of a man is to love a woman,
And the purpose of a woman is to love a man,
So come on baby let's start today, come on baby let's play
The game of love, love, la la la la la love


Yes, you can all thank me for that song being stuck in your head.

But I gotta admit that I really like the idea of Overstock.com's Valentine's Day Game. You just sign up and pick out an item that you want to win for your sweetie (or an item that you want- it will save him the trouble of shopping and keep you from getting jewelry you won’t wear).

With our trip to Ireland in mind I picked out some amazing hard side luggage. In red. Hey, it is a Valentine's game, after all.

It's free to enter the Game O Love; you have nothing to lose. And a great Valentine's gift to gain.

OK, I'm dense. I had this whole "Top O The Mornin" thing in my head with the "O" in the game title. It just hit me that "It's all about the O"... Duh. I can be so clueless sometimes...



1 comments:

Lissete 9:22 PM  

I never win diddly either. But I will be entering this (just in case) because I've had my eye on a digital frame on there. But it's $250!!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP