"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

A new star in the making

>> Thursday, January 03, 2008

I just heard from Jody - fresh from a pre-caucus event with Fred Thompson. Evidently, my girls got to sit in the front row, right in front of the speakers' podium. I'm told that Brenna deported herself in a manner dignifying her princess...err...pajamas. I am so proud of her.

The star of the show was Caelan. Fresh from her first haircut, she grabbed everyone's attention by dancing, clapping and staring in adoration at the speakers. As the saying goes, "film at 11:00."

Jody was impressed by how Rep Steve King (R-IA) and Sen Thompson handled Caelan's attention. Both have one-year-olds (granddaughter and son respectively) and seemed to welcome Caelan. Fred, if you didn't already have my vote tonight, you would have it now.
** Caelan stood at the base of the stage and looked intently at the speakers. She didn't fuss or make a large amount of noise. When she did manage to distract the audience both men handled it so well, commenting on her cuteness and telling me "don't worry about her, I'm used to it". She did manage to steal the show a few times and she noticed it and began "posing" for the photographers. Little ham. So if you see any video or photos from this morning's West Des Moines event with Senator Thompson, the little ham in the striped dress is Caelan.

As for Senator Thompson, I feel even better about my choice after hearing him today. He's no nonsense, straight forward and, I feel in my gut, I can trust him. If you haven't heard his pre-caucus message to the poeple of Iowa I strongly urge you to take the time to listen to it. You can find it here.


If you are eligible to vote in Iowa on November 4th, then you can vote in the caucus. Get there before 7:00pm in order to be credentialed. If you are not affiliated with the Republican party, you can do that at the door. Here's the list of caucus locations.

Vote Fred!

1 comments:

sue 12:46 PM  

Thanks for the info... I've been leaning toward Senator Thompson, too. ;)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP