"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Never Too Soon to Think About College Funding

>> Friday, January 25, 2008

Every time Doug & I meet with our investment advisor he asks us when we plan to set up college savings for the girls.

And every time he asks I tell him the same thing: until we are completely debt free and have our retirement funds maxed we aren’t. My logic is that there are plenty of ways to pay for college but only one way to pay for retirement.

That said I do want my girls to go to college (if they wish). They both have savings accounts and lots of bonds. I also plan to have them fill out every scholarship application they can possibly qualify for.

Of course our college days are still quite a ways off, but if they are closing in on your kids you should definitely visit Scholarships.com. They can direct you to the scholarships that your kids may qualify for as well as help with scholarship request letters, college searches and info. Did I mention it's free?

If you have a bit of time before you have to think about college, make sure to bookmark this site. I did.

2 comments:

The Fritz Facts 1:35 PM  

This is a great site, thanks! I am thinking about going back to school, and this is a handy tool for myself, and the future.

Tamara B 3:26 PM  

aaaaahh, savings accounts... bonds... you so need to check out dave ramsey :)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP