"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Too Much to Mention

>> Friday, September 05, 2008

I haven't talked about life much lately... We have a lot going on.

Some of you might remember that a year ago tomorrow (wow, I can't believe it's been a year) we almost lost my dad in an accident at his work when he was crushed by a heavy piece of equipment. This morning he went in to the hospital for a 6+ hour back surgery and 5-7 days in the hospital. Prayers are appreciated.

A week ago my grandmother (the one I talk about on the farm) was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is a huge shock as we have always been very fortunate as a family and have been healthy. On Monday she goes in for a radical mastectomy. Again, prayers are appreciated.

Doug's mother and step father will be staying with us this weekend. Prayers are appreciated. (I'm only joking a little.)

The girls have gymnastics this morning, then Brenna has preschool. Caelan and I will be making a quick stop to see if I can quickly find a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding tonight (the weather turned rather quickly and the dress I planned to wear is too light weight). And I need to buy the rest of the wedding gift.

Then we are off to the hospital to check on my dad's surgery.

Then back to pick up Brenna and a couple of pizzas for the kids to eat tonight with Grandma while the rest of us are at the wedding (it's on dad's side of the family).

If I'm lucky with timing I'll be able to get ready for the wedding and go in to the hospital to see dad before going to the wedding...

Not much time to be checking in so I'll wish everyone a great weekend now!

6 comments:

Melody 9:23 AM  

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Good luck with all you have to do today.

Paula Reece 9:37 AM  

I will be sending prayers your way! I hope everything goes well with your dad and your grandma. I hope your weekend goes well! Let me know if you need anything!!

The Fritz Facts 9:57 AM  

Prayers heading your way!! I hope your Dad's back surgery and Grandma's surgery go smoothly!!

Sincerely Iowa 10:02 AM  

My prayers are with you, on all aspects of your life. You've got a lot on your plate right now, and I hope things ease up for you! It sure seems never-ending!

Anonymous 8:11 PM  

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sally 5:33 PM  

wow, you sound busy! I'll be praying for your family this weekend!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP