"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Leaving Was A Compliment

>> Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So you’ve heard the lament about losing my hairstylist. I’m still sad about it, mostly because I’d been seeing her since she was in cosmetology school at La James College in Johnston. It’s difficult to get people to follow you from beauty school into a salon setting because the price difference is so substantial.

It’s kind of funny that I went to that school at all, really. You see, I used to drive to the La James College in Mason City for continuing education when I lived in Minneapolis to keep my Iowa cosmetology license. Then I looked in to their massage therapist school before I realized that my tendinitis would bother me as much doing that as it did when I did hair.

When the salon I had been going to “lost” all it’s stylists to a bad business decision by the owner (I still don’t know what it was) I had to find a new salon. And I didn’t have much luck, so I decided to go into a school setting because there are always instructors around to fix any mistakes (something some high priced salons need sometimes!). And I stuck around there until my stylist graduated. I met her the very first day she took clients and I stayed with her until she left the area. It's really a compliment to the school that I left them to follow her, right?

2 comments:

The Fritz Facts 9:58 PM  

I think so. I followed a stylist, until it got to expensive again. I love going to a school for hair. While there are times that it takes FOREVER, it is worth it in the end.

Jennifer 10:03 PM  

It sure is! I know from experience... as the stylist, not the client.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP