"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Off to the hospital

>> Tuesday, October 26, 2004

For friends and family reading the blog, Jody and I are off to the hospital. After one false start already, I don't want to get too excited, but wish us luck!



UPDATE at 10:30am: If people can live-blog the debates, I can live blog a birth. Just kidding...I think. Yes, it is official, Jody is in labor. Her water did break, so it was a good thing we went to the hospital. Pitocin triggered a never-ending contraction, so it was stopped. The good news is that she went from 2cm to 4cm in an hour. We are now on a Pitocin and Epidural cocktail and Jody is doing fine, I'm catching a second-hand buzz. The miracles of modern chemistry. Nurse Heidi is standing guard duty by the monitors...hmmm, I wonder who wrote the software? Yes, only a true geek would code OB software in their head while their wife is in labor.

For my part, it's hard watching Jody be in so much pain (pre-cocktail) and not be able to do anything about it. Sometime...yes...sometime today I will be a father. I teared up just typing that sentence.




UPDATE at 4:30pm: Jody has been sitting at 7cm-9cm (one side is more dilated than the other) for a few hours now, but nothing further. At 5:00pm the on-call doctor wants to talk to us about C-Section. Since it’s been so long since the water broke, it’s time to have Brenna join us out here. Keep us in your prayers.

Before I could finish with the update, the decision has been made for the C-Section. Jody’s temp is too high to continue.

13 comments:

Lars 9:16 AM  

Good Luck Jody and Doug!!!

Here's praying that everything goes smoothly and Brenna comes out healthy and happy to have such wonderful parents! :-)

Jerry 9:46 AM  

Your world is about to change completely...

Good luck!

J.

Anonymous 11:02 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous 11:03 AM  

Congrads, now you know what I went through three times. Hum,maybe that is why I got my tubes tied! No, labor is the easy part.....now you have to raise her. Good luck and I hope all goes well. Cannot wait to see pics of my little niece. I love babies....just not after they reach age 5.Ask my kids

Anonymous 11:03 AM  

Congrads, now you know what I went through three times. Hum,maybe that is why I got my tubes tied! No, labor is the easy part.....now you have to raise her. Good luck and I hope all goes well. Cannot wait to see pics of my little niece. I love babies....just not after they reach age 5.Ask my kids

(((Thought Criminal))) 11:32 AM  

Awesome!

Have the doctors determined if she's a Republican yet?

;-)

Congratulations to Doug and Jody!

Amanda B. 12:10 PM  

Yay! I'm gonna be an uncle again!

Anonymous 12:56 PM  

Sometime...yes...sometime today I will be a father. I teared up just typing that sentence.No, Doug. Nine months ago, you became a father. Today, you became a dad.

Anonymous 4:18 PM  

Well...is she here...my every so lovely neice. You know she is going to have to spend some summers in Texas.

Anonymous 6:23 PM  

I just got the news.....Hurray Brenna is here. Congrads on your sweet baby girl. Love and thought going out to Doug and Jody from aunt raegie

Anita 8:12 PM  

Yippee!!! I'm so excited for both of you.

I hope Jody is doing well and am sorry she went through what sounds like a tough labor, but it is so worth it. I promise!

Welcome to the world little Brenna.

Wayne from Downers Grove 8:24 PM  

Just ran across your Blog and read your story. Congratulations and may God bless you both.

Jeff 10:22 PM  

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

I hope mom and baby are both well and that you'll be home soon with your new bundle of joy.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP