"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Baby News

>> Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Brenna's room is complete and ready for her to move in. She, however, seems to be content right where she is, thank you very much.

We had an OB appointment this morning. 75-80% effaced and 1cm dilated. Ok, I suppose that's progress. I wasn't prepared for the doctor to say that he wants another ultrasound. He wants to know how big the baby is because:

A) my uterus may be narrow which would explain why I am carrying so far forward
OR
B) Brenna is already over 8lbs. If she is large and I haven't delivered by next Tuesday there is a possibility of induction. Tuesday being the day of the ultrasound.

Sooo, if anyone knows any pagan birthing chants could you please share them?

Other than all that I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable. Getting out of a chair or bed has become more difficult in the past days. Which I find kind of odd because I haven't gained any weight in the past 2 weeks. I actually lost a couple pounds.

In political news, the VP is scheduled to be in town on Friday and Doug has been invited to meet him at the airport. Pretty cool, huh? Of course, if Murphy's Law does exist, Brenna will decide that daddy will miss that opportunity.

On with the countdown.....

4 comments:

Me 1:24 PM  

Chanting, squatting, spicey food, sex and wishing never worked for me. Although running through the parking lot of the grocery store to my car did! 1 1/2 hours later I was in labor with my son. ;)

VERY cool about Doug meeting him at the airport. I think unless I was literally in active labor with birth eminent in the next 30 minutes I would make sure my husband went... what a great birth story that would be for my child's baby book.

One of my best friends' husband was mugged at a Hardee's just after his baby girl was born... that's a story for the baby book too. ;)

Jody 4:54 PM  

Meritt- I feel exactly the same way. I think it would be very cool to tell her "Your daddy met the VP on the day you were born." We can skip a mugging. :)

Angela 7:09 PM  

I will be thinking of you and the baby and ask God to send you an Angel to watch over you. :)

Last December I gave birth to a baby girl. Her e name is Fiona. I also have a 13 year old. Her name is Lauren. We will probably be trying for another one soon. :)

Anonymous 3:59 PM  

I know this chant, it goes something like this: Hoohooheehahahoo, Hoohooheehahahoo, pooooosherout, pooooosherout, waayyyayyyout. Repeat. Guaranteed to work within 2 weeks.

Also, an old Louisiana song: Turkey's done, thanks to all the lovin',jump up and down and git the bun out the oven.

If that don't break your water, I don't know what will.

They call me....Tater Salad

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP