"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Things are Getting Phishy

>> Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I got a new one today...

Supposedly from Regions Bank. Apparently my online account has been restricted and I must restore it by logging in and verifying my available credit.

One problem... I don't have an account with Regions Bank. Never have.

So I used their "contact us" button and told them that I have no account.

Hmmm, do you think they'll call me back?

I have to say, the phising website is a great knock-off. And I have to say that Vista, for all it's been knocked, does a great job of telling me when I'm on a phishing site.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP