"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Curiously Fun Stocking Stuffers

>> Saturday, November 17, 2007

I love getting mail. I'm not really sure why, but it is one of the highlights of my day. Yes, it's sad, I know. Especially since our mail usually consists of junk and bills. Once in a while I get a magazine and lately I'm getting lots of Christmas catalogs.

But today... Today I got goodies. Which came in very handy as Doug's niece has been here a couple of days and she and Brenna are beginning to get on each other's nerves. Yea! Distractions!

The first thing I pulled out of the packet was a Smencil. This was a big hit as it smelled like grapes. I thought it was pretty cool because it is made from recycled newspapers. It even came in it's own little tube so you could stuff it in a stocking easily.
After dinner we tried the colored flame candles. The girls really liked picking out the colors.
But the favorite, by far, was the fake snow. This was incredibly cool as it was just a little packet of powder. We added water and "POOF!"- fluffy white snow. Lyric really liked it as she has never seen the real stuff before.

I can't even tell you how neat this stuff is. If you freeze it you can build a snow man (or a blob, in Brenna's case). It would also look great around those little village decorations. And it's non-toxic. Which is good because Caelan thought it was Dippin' Dots.

You can also find useful products- like a USB LED Desk Lamp. Some great stuff over at VAT19- go check it out!

1 comments:

Anonymous 10:49 AM  

Fun stuff! I love getting the mail, too...and here we don't have mail delivery. We have to go to the post office and get it from a PO box. It's a real social event in town! Hope you feel better real soon!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP