"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Heading Out

>> Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The girls are I are taking my young cousin and heading north this weekend. Yep, it's a girl's weekend as Doug will be chained to his desk the entire time- and that can make for a frustrating time for me. The girls know he's home and want to see him so I spend much of my time corraling them and fighting tantrums.

So, to make thing easier, we are heading up to Saint Paul to see some friends, get necessary items from IKEA and hit a few stores at MOA.

I lived in St. Paul for 10 years but since I've been gone almost 4 years, now, there are changes I've missed.

I found this interactive site that has over 500 travel and Hotel Guides. Much of it is custom written by people who have "been there, done that".

On the right hand side of the page is a handy city guide. St Paul's page also has a blog where people can input info. It's full of restaurants you probably won't hear about- except from the locals.

It's a good site to visit for ideas- especially if you want to get "off the beaten path" and experience a city like a local. The only problem I see with it is that many cities are missing. For example, St. Paul is listed, but not Minneapolis. Iowa City is listed, but not Des Moines.

Still, it's a good resource. And I expect more info will be added. I'll definately add it to my travel bookmarks.

1 comments:

Anonymous 10:42 PM  

If you are looking for attractions in Iowa, I find www.IowaBeautiful.com the best place for local attractions. I never would have believed that there were over 560 tourist attractions just here in Iowa!

Greg

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP