"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Worth Reading

>> Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reading is one of my favorite past times. Unfortunately it is something I don’t get to do as much of as I would like. But I have a list of books to read as well as a pile of notes about books I’ve heard about that sound interesting.

A book that recently came into that second pile is A Change in Life by Regina Rose.

Mrs. Rose isn’t a celebrity nor has she done anything outside the scope in which we all live our lives. Mrs. Rose is just a normal person. Married, two kids, a job… She’s average. Which is what makes her book so interesting to me…

A Change in Life is a memoir written during a trying time in any person’s life- a devastating illness and the death of a loved one. It’s something that many of us have been through yet very few share. As Mrs. Rose says in her book, "we all have to go through pain and suffering, some more than others. It's how we overcome them that make us who we really are inside."

I have only read bits of this book, though I soon plan to sit down with it. I am going to recommend it now, though; especially if you or your family are going through your own trials right now. Check it out at the links above. There is a bit from the introduction... It will pull you in to her story.


0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP