"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Feeling Catty?

>> Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Some people are cat people… I’m more of an animal person, myself, in a “dog” phase right now. But my first pet was a cat.

When I moved out on my own I picked the greatest kitten from my grandparent’s farm. She was a long-haired very pale calico. Her grey was almost lilac and her orange seemed to be pale pink. She was gorgeous. She lived a long, full life, moving with me from Iowa to Minnesota and back again. She was pampered and well loved and I cried like a baby when I had to put her down due to old age and kidney disease.

I haven’t considered another cat yet. But I came close to changing my mind when I saw these Bengal kittens for sale at Boyd’s Bengals, a cattery in Savannah. After reading how much love they lavish on the kittens from the time they are born I am surprised they can part with any of them!

If you’re a cat lover or just want to ooh and ahh at some pretty kittens check out their gallery. And while you’re over there check out the story of The Legend of the Marble Cat on their “available kittens” page. Like any legend it has a beautiful air of fantasy woven in to it. It’s a wonderful distraction from that spreadsheet you should be working on…

2 comments:

Anonymous 12:53 AM  

Oh my, those are so precious! I thought I wanted a Siamese like I had when I was a kid. Now I'm not so sure!

The Fritz Facts 2:48 PM  

I have had cats since I can remember. We had to put our cat down two years ago, and I don't know if I will be ready for another any time soon, it was a very hard thing to deal with, for me and kids.

GORGEOUS!!!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP