"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Crazy, I Know

>> Monday, October 20, 2008

If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time you probably know that I have a love of Pepsi. It was actually a process to wean myself from the fully sugared stuff to the (now defunct) Pepsi Edge and then to the Pepsi One. And I worked hard to limit myself to one or two a day. (HA! Like that ever happened!)

But a very funny thing happened with this last stomach ick that I had... Somehow it diminished my taste for Pepsi. The desire for any soda has actually disappeared. And I haven't had one in 9 days.

NINE DAYS! And it's not like we don't have them in the house... They are sitting, chilled, in the refrigerator. I even put one in Doug's lunch every day. But to grab one for myself? No desire.

So I find myself drinking water (gasp!). And a civilized cup of afternoon tea. With a biscuit if I'm hungry. Which is even more weird as every time I grabbed a Pepsi I wanted a snack. With the tea I can skip the food.

They say that people who drink sodas (even the no-calorie kind) take in more calories daily than people who don't. I totally see it now...

2 comments:

Jennifer 8:59 PM  

I'm a Pepsi girl too. Diet Caffeine free Pepsi.

Ever since I joined weight watchers and force myself to drink 6 glasses of water a day, I don't have time to drink pop. Although there are days when I do substitute 1 or 2 diet caffeine free pepsi's for my water. Which is considered a water on the ww progam.

However.. the taste just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Melody 9:22 PM  

We don't really buy that much soda for our house. We are definitely more milk drinkers. We can down a gallon of chocolate like nobody's business.

But if we have pop it is gone that day. It really is addictive.

Congrats on nine days of soda freedom. :)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP