"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

What Should I Be When I Grow Up?

>> Tuesday, November 18, 2008

With the uncertain economy and job market are you considering a career change or advancing your learning?

Do you have a senior who hasn’t narrowed down their college search?

Or are you just curious about what kind of courses you could find online that interest you?

Doug and I often talk about the possibility of me going back to school so I like to poke around and find ideas and tools online. And because of my schedule an online degree is almost a better option than heading off to a campus.

I was playing around on DegreeHound.com today- just to see what schools it would match me to. The first thing that caught my eye as I searched their home page was an article titled “Careers for a Troubled Economy”. It had some really good ideas about how to find out what businesses are growing in your area- like calling the local chamber of commerce. I never would have though of that… An advanced degree can open more opportunities for you and increase your salary. Or it could open a whole new path and help you fulfill a dream.

Anyway, it’s easy to find a school. Just hit the big red arrow on the homepage. The next page asks you questions like what you want to study, if you want online or campus schools, how soon you plan to start, if you have any previous college experience, when you graduated high school and your zip code (if you wanted a campus school). Then you are told how many school matches you have. All you have to do is enter your mailing info and school information will be sent to you.

Now… What exactly would I do? Culinary arts? Journalism? Hmmm… Culinary journalism?

1 comments:

Sincerely Iowa 9:47 AM  

I'm actually getting my degree online through Upper Iowa University. It's actually quite difficult and requires a lot of time management on my part. But so far, so good!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP