"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

OK, We're Going Somewhere... At Least Finding a Place to Stay Will Be Easy

>> Wednesday, November 19, 2008

For the past hour or so Doug and I have been looking for cheap airline tickets from our “international” airport which, as far as I can tell by looking at the direct flights map, is not really “international”.

Why are we looking for flights? Well, I have gotten a lot of requests for reviews of some really great travel products… And quite a few of them require an airplane for me to review them. And since you can’t just walk on to an airplane without a ticket we need to go somewhere.

I gotta say, though, that I am constantly amazed that I can fly from the Midwest to Dublin, Ireland for less than I can fly from the Midwest to San Antonio, Texas. Why is that?

Because the weather is so cold we are actually considering Florida, maybe with a whirl through Disney. I went so far as to look at Kissimmee vacation homes. Less money for food and lodging as compared to staying on the resort.

Another option that popped up, also in Florida, were beachy Siesta Key beach vacation rentals. There were some nice rates into St. Petersburg. And though I’m not a “beachy” person the cold and wind are making me rethink that.

On the other end of the spectrum was Colorado and maybe a stay in the lovely Breckenridge condos with a view. Oh, wait, the lodging just made that option not-so-cheap.

All right, back to square one… Cheap flights first, lodging second.

1 comments:

Sally 6:08 AM  

Isn't that insane that you can fly so far for so little, but to get around our own country, you have to pay an arm and a leg???

Our tickets to Indy for christmas this year were the same price we paid a couple years ago to go from LAX to Shannon, Ireland. What's up with that???

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP