"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Smaller House in the Future

>> Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I like our house a lot, don’t get me wrong. And I love hosting events and having room for everyone. And I love having room to be away from my kids (like this afternoon- they are making me crazy!)

But I kind of wish we had a cozy little house on a big plot of land so we could be more self-sustaining that we currently are. I know that if things got really tough we could buy some land from my grandparents and build a small house on some fertile soil in south west Iowa. I even found the small house plans on RDSHomePlans.com. It’s number 9916.


Granted, they call it a retirement home or a retreat but we could live in it and spend much less on heating! We'd call it our heat retreat!

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP