"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Help Sears Support Our Heroes at Home

>> Thursday, November 27, 2008

As we are preparing to enjoy holidays with family and friends it is quite easy to forget that across our country there are families who will be struggling through the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays with an emptiness that few of us can understand. These families have given a sacrifice, a sacrifice that they had no choice in but have accepted with strength and courage.

These families have a soldier overseas. I have spent the last hour or so reading the stories sent in by the soldiers that are gone and reading their Christmas wishes for their families. I may cry too easily these days; the tears that have welled in my eyes for every story make me wish I could personally help every family out there.

Unfortunately I can’t, but Sears has created the Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry, a gift registry for the families of our soldiers.

Let me tell you about the items on their gift lists: kid’s shoes, coats, pajamas, clothing… Car seats, bedding, cooking utensils and housewares… Educational games, rocking horses and dolls… Of course there are a few who wish for Wii, but I know those are on a lot of lists…

We all have much to be thankful for and our military plays a big part in that. A part that we often forget. A small donation to the Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry will go a long way. All donations are tallied and given equally as Sears gift cards to registered military families.

I have a button on my sidebar to make it easy for you to donate. I encourage you to get one from the Sears website and help spread the word.

Post?slot_id=26820&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP