"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Had These Plans...

>> Monday, November 03, 2008

With the "fall back" aspect of Daylight Savings happening this weekend I thought it would be a perfect time to begin my workouts again. Since I was able to drag myself out of bed by 7am I figured 6am would be a snap with the time change.

So, last night before bed, I moved stuff around in our gym. Yes, I have a "gym". A really nice one, in fact. We bought the weights a few years ago because there are no gyms we like in our town. The Y costs way too much and their equipment isn't very nice. And the 24-hour gyms in strip malls are, well, not a gym so much as a bare-bones place to exercise. And I have that at home... See?

sigh... I know... You don't have to tell me...

So, I had the gym set up. I had my laptop in there so I could listed to last Friday's Glenn Beck program. I had a bottle of water in the refrigerator. I went to bed around 9pm. I was exhausted.

And then, sometime around 3 am, Brenna made her way downstairs, crawled over me and situated herself in between Doug & I in our bed. In all honestly I barely registered her crawling into bed with us. Until an hour or so later when I had her feet in my back. And then an arm flung around my neck. And then she laid on top of me...

My alarm went off at 6am. And I couldn't drag myself out of bed.

I'll try again tomorrow... Nothing like beginning the week a failure...

4 comments:

Tyna 8:54 AM  

Jody,

You won my giveaway for the ABC Bible Verse CD. Send me your mailing address and I'll ship it off to you...

tynajewell at yahoo dot com

Laine 9:11 AM  

oh I envy you... your "gym"! I am very much the same way, make plans to get going and then... something pulls me astray. Poo and now I'm fat! blah! Yes, you aren't alone with the DST, caity woke up at 5:45 am singing to herself as she used the potty. yesturday I was woken up to her jumping on my mommy parts... so I'll take the singing any day!
PS. Michael wants to have dinner with ya'll! :)

The Fritz Facts 9:47 AM  

I wish I had those things at home, it would be so much easier than finding time to leave the house.

Not failure, just a step. You can do it tomorrow!!

mpls Bobbi 7:35 PM  

I am just happy to get a shower some days! Some goals are a work in progress- the fact that you even had the forethought to prepare is still a success.
Baby steps, baby!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP